It began in the spring of 1946, just after World War II, when construction started to transform the site earlier known as The Ashburn Farm. This expansive farm had been in the Ashburn family for over 150 years, but was ready for a change. On July 15, 1947, the Tides Inn opened to the public.
The Tides Inn soon established itself as the premier small hotel in the Mid-Atlantic. After three generations of the Stephens family’s stewardship, the inn was purchased by Enchantment Group. With extensive renovations catapulting this Chesapeake Bay resort into a new era, the Tides Inn is now known as a Preferred Boutique™ property.