Fourth of July Weekend
Summertime moments here are sweet like tea. Whether your family likes to celebrate on shore or at sea, Independence Day weekend at the Tides Inn offers something for everyone. Create new traditions as you race in our sun-soaked regatta, the first of its kind on Carter’s Creek, or during a friendly game of bocce ball on our new court. When the fireflies flicker in the starlight, you’ll know this is a place you come to feel at home year after year.
Friday, July 3
*Registration for First Responders 5K Walk
- Open to resort guests and locals, a donation of $20 per person is suggested but not required to participate. Register at the Front Desk.
5–6pm, *Registration for the Tides Inn Regatta
- Resort guests are invited to register for the first regatta held at the Tides Inn Marina.
6–10pm, Live Music
- Listen to the sounds of the summer from Travis Colby in Chesapeake Restaurant and Eric Lyttle in the View Room.
Saturday, July 4
8:30am, *First Responders 5K Walk
- Walk through town to raise money for our Labor Day 2020 Cookout, our way of saying thanks to local first responders.
9–11am, *Tides Inn Regatta
- Race one of our new kayaks, paddleboards or canoes along Carter’s Creek for a chance to win a commemorative Tides Inn medal.
12–5pm, 4th of July BBQ
- Enjoy a special menu of Chef Pasco’s BBQ favorites at Chesapeake Restaurant.
5pm–6pm, Live Music
- Listen to some of your favorites songs on from the 40s and 50s performed on Chesapeake Terrace by the Liberty Dolls.
6pm, Regatta Awards Ceremony
- Meet at Chesapeake Terrance for an awards ceremony and medal presentation.
6–9pm, Live Music
- Enjoy a celebratory live performance from local favorite Zen Mojo.