Tennis at the Tides Inn
While staying at our resort, learn tennis or brush up on your skills with our seasoned instructors. Lessons are available for groups, families and individuals.
About Our Instructors
Once a professional player in Europe and four-time NCAA All-American (singles and doubles), John Delong has coached all levels of players – from beginners to competitive. A former coach at Northwestern University and University of Colorado-Boulder, John is excited to pass along his love of the sport to guests of the Tides Inn.
From Paris, France, Frédéric Cabocel is the founder of Northern Neck Tennis Academy. He shares his passion with hundreds of youth and adults alike each year, also coaching at First Serve Tennis Academy in Arlington, VA, and the middle and high school tennis teams in the city.
Please contact Activities@TidesInn.com to arrange a lesson of your choice:
- Private Adult Lesson (ages 12 and up), $100 per hour
- Private Junior Lesson (ages 6-11), $100 per hour
- Adult or Junior Hitting Session, $80
- Adult Couple’s Class (for two, ages 12 and up) $200 per hour
- Junior Pair Class (for two, ages 6-11), $160 per hour
- Group Class (up to four guests), $300 per hour
- Tennis Clinic (minimum of five guests, maximum of eight), $60 per hour per guest