Month of Love
Let your love bloom along the shores of Carter’s Creek. Escape to the Tides Inn with your sweetheart and enjoy special experiences designed to deepen your love. From a Couple’s Massage to our Suite Love package, all our offerings are available throughout the month of February, making the Tides Inn the perfect place for a romantic rendezvous.
Make and Decorate a Mug
- Join our artist in the Maker’s Space as she guides you in making your own mug. By using the process of hand building, which is done at the table, learn how to attach handles, create decoration, and texture, and use different techniques to build a mug or vessel. If you are new to clay, this is the class for you. 90 minutes, $150 for adults and $75 for children
Paint Together & Pinot
- Couples and partners paint on two separate canvases and bring them together in the end for a perfect match. 90 minutes, $175 per couple
Pure Love Sugar Scrub
- This custom sugar scrub is a combination of an exfoliant treatment and a hydrating facial, incorporating Rosehip Seed Facial Oil, a radiance-boosting blend that promotes firmer, younger-looking skin. 60 minutes, $195
Love is in the Oils
- For a more scented journey, choose from lavender, eucalyptus blue, Roman chamomile, or sandalwood oils to be added to your treatment. $165 not including gratuity
To reserve, please call our Spa Team at 804-438-4430.
- In this spa offer, book two simultaneous massages, followed with bubbly, strawberries, and a charcuterie display. Two 60-minute massages, $475
- Massages can be at the same time, or based upon therapist/guest availability, they may have to be back-to-back.
- For couples staying in our Ashburn or Stephen’s Suites, unwind with an in-room massage for two. 60 minutes, $395
To reserve, please call our Spa Team at 804-438-4430.
Oysters: Ecology and Tasting
- Learn more about our environmental efforts on the water, especially in helping revitalize the habitat of our native aphrodisiac, the oyster. Our ecologist will serve two oysters from different salinities, teaching guests why the taste is different based on where they are grown in the Bay. In addition to oysters on the half shell, enjoy Champagne with your Valentine. 90 minutes, $125, hosted in Chef’s Kitchen
- Master oyster shucking in this workshop with our culinary team. In addition, learn how to prepare and present raw oysters for your guests. 90 minutes, $125, hosted in Chef’s Kitchen
- Guided by our horticulturist, walk our Forest Trail, Shoreline Trail, and other resort grounds, looking for birds that brave the winter, such as the Carolina Wren, Tufted Titmouse, and the White-breasted Nuthatch. Afterwards, opt for an in-room picnic from our culinary team. 90 minutes, $60 for adults and $40 for children, kids under five are free.
- Build or decorate birdhouses with our horticulturist in Maker Space and then hang them on our resort grounds or take one home. 60 minutes, $80 for adults and $40 for children, kids under five are free. Additional fee of $40 to take home your birdhouse.
Valentine's Day Dinner
Join us in Chesapeake Restaurant on Valentine’s Day for a romantic four-course dinner with the love of your life. Enjoy live music as you dine on delectable dishes, such as Bresaola Carpaccio, Saffron Risotto, Truffle Potato Gnocchi, Flounder Provencal and Vanilla Panna Cotta. Be sure to save room for a special surprise at the end of your meal to help you celebrate your love.
Couple’s Cheese Board Class
- Indulge in petit fours paired with a glass of wine while you perfect the art of arranging a classic cheese board for two. In unison with your partner, you will construct a fromage masterpiece, along with accoutrements such as olives, berries and nuts, that you may enjoy at the end of the evening. 90 minutes, $125, hosted in Chef’s Kitchen.
- To reserve, please email Concierge@TidesInn.com.
Cocktails of the Month: Rye Hearted and Berries & Bubbles
- Throughout the Month of Love, guests may enjoy the Rye Hearted cocktail. Starting sweet and herbal then transitioning to dark and roasted, Rittenhouse Rye is balanced with light sweetness of strawberry pea syrup, acidity of lime and bitterness of chocolate bitters. A colorful cocktail served up is our Berries & Bubbles with Malibu rum, berry vodka and lemon juice – topped with prosecco.
Special Dessert: Passionfruit Crème Brulee
- If you reserve your wedding in February 2023, receive an artisan wedding package add-on:
- A personalized wedding gift created by our resident artist.
- Locally sourced gifts for your guests
- Custom invitations by a local Virginia designer
- All items above are tailored to the couple’s tastes, and pricing will be coordinated with our weddings team. Book by February 28, 2023, for wedding dates of April 1 to February 28, 2024 Restrictions may apply.
Bubbles by the Bay: Proposal Offer
- Surprise your sweetheart with an unforgettable evening under the stars. This proposal package includes a floral arrangement, photographer, three-course dinner for two, with wine-pairing and champagne, a two-night stay and a Maker Space activity for two.
- One-week advance booking. Please contact Concierge@TidesInn.com for more information.
Suite Love Offer
Love is in the air for the entire month of February at the Tides Inn. You may celebrate your love on the shores of Carter’s Creek with some of our special Month of Love experiences such as Vinyasa & Vino or a romantic couple’s massage. Then retire to your luxurious accommodations to find white roses, chocolate covered strawberries and Champagne on ice. Now that’s amore!
Your experience includes:
- Luxurious Accommodations
- Romantic Turndown Amenity
- $100 Resort Credit per Stay
To make reservations or learn more, please contact Concierge@TidesInn.com.