Southern charm and waterfront classic traditions at the Tides Inn evoke memories of a simpler time that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
Custom designed rooming options and experiences such as a private chef’s dinner, a Duffy boat cruise, personalized artistry classes and a locally inspired picnic with parlor and outdoor games are among the many options our concierge team can design to make your reunion memorable. All captured in a custom designed photo book to take your experience home.
Allow us to help curate a unique and enriching trip bringing your whole family back together. Contact our Concierge or reservations team today (877)-665-5977
Day 1 Tides Inn Welcome
- Enjoy a welcome reception for the whole family outdoors on the grass overlooking Carters Creek. Your customized menu will include appetizers, drinks from our very own Rose Truck ‘Rosie’ and family lawn games such as Bocci, Croquet and more.
Day 2 On the Water
- Spend the morning with our resident on-property River Ecologist and learn how blue crabs are caught in our waterways. Aboard the watermen’s boat, you will learn how to set a crab pot and bring crabs back to the Watermen’s Pier. There, you will inspect our crustacean friends and others in miniature aquariums. At the end of the excursion, guests will enjoy sampling Chesapeake Blue Crab, nonalcoholic beverages, wine or beer.
- After a restful afternoon, set sail on a picturesque sunset cruise around the bay with a bottle of wine paired with cheese and seasonal fruit. Our seasoned captains navigate you through the beauty and history of Carter’s Creek.
Day 3 Family Artistry
- Join our experienced ‘Artists in Residence’ in the Makers Space and create a family keepsake piece that the whole family can take part in creating and take home as a wonderful reminder of the trip that brought the family back together again.
- For lunch enjoy a locally inspired and specially curated family picnic on the lawn while partaking in our on-property par 3 golf course or simply enjoy the sunshine and swings.
- Enjoy a private chef’s dinner with Chef Truman – our executive Chef – while learning about our local and ocean inspired fare. A customized menu to your families unique tastes will be sure to delight.
- Allow us to craft and coordinate a family golf tournament at the historic and picturesque Golf Eagle Golf Course while allowing non-golfers to simply ride in the cart and take in the natural beauty of the area.
- Not interested in Golf, explore the local area with a guided historic bike tour of Irvington stopping to visit the Historic Christ Church, Steamboat Era Museum, the famous Dog and Oyster Winery and Kellum Farms for homemade ice cream on the way home.
- Wind down your trip with family photo shoot on property that will be curated into a custom book featuring local area photography immersed with your families photos as a delightful keepsake you can cherish for years to come.