At home on the coast
Since 1947, the Tides Inn has helped you celebrate life’s most precious moments. Ushering in our 74th season in spring 2021, we look forward to welcoming you to the North Neck region soon.
For your wellbeing
The safety and wellbeing of our guest and team members has been, and continues to be, our top priority. We want to share some new standards we’ve put in place to ensure your utmost safety and health. These new standards allow us to uphold the highest level of service, cleanliness and safety.
The Tides Inn was among the first hotels in the world to become Sharecare Health Security VERIFIED® with Forbes Travel Guide. The verification helps guests and travel professionals reserve lodging with confidence at properties that have appropriate health safety procedures in place.
The Tides Inn Safety & Wellbeing
It is our pleasure to welcome you to the Tides Inn. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our team, guests and community and want to share with you our operating procedures, developed to the highest standard of cleanliness and safety.
Update: May 17, 2021:
In accordance with the latest CDC and Virginia state guidelines, guests that are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear a face covering. Guests that are not yet fully vaccinated should continue to wear a face covering.
General Resort Information
- The resort has been thoroughly deep cleaned and sanitized and will maintain a rigorous cleaning schedule. Items in public spaces and guest rooms that cannot be sanitized to our standards, such as decorative pillows, have been removed.
- We’ve set up hand sanitizing stations in all public buildings and scattered around our property.
- Personal protective masks and gloves are available to guests upon request.
- The health of our team members is a top priority and is being carefully monitored with daily temperature readings.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members in adherence with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws. All team members will participate in ongoing COVID-19 safety and sanitization training. Every resort team member will sign a personal responsibility form confirming their completed training in COVID-19 safety procedures.
Arrivals & Departures
- Check-in will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact. Upon arrival, guests will be greeted at their vehicle curbside for a touch-free check-in process. A modified front desk check-in and orientation at the front desk lobby is available upon request.
- Bellmen will practice physical distancing guidelines while delivering luggage to the guest room.
- Guest folios are emailed prior to departure so there is no need to visit the front desk to complete the checkout process. A printed copy of a guest folio is available upon request.
- In order to provide guests with a superior level of housekeeping, daily service has been refined to accommodate personal preferences and maintain physical distancing.
- Upon arrival, we will confirm housekeeping preferences and discuss options for daily services, linen exchanges and nightly turndown.
- Housekeeping will only enter a guest room when it is empty. If a guest returns to the room while housekeeping is there, the room attendant will leave.
- New sets of in-room amenities, such as bathroom toiletries and coffee pods, will be provided for each guest during their stay. These items will be changed when the room is deep cleaned and sanitized between guest stays.
- In accordance with Virginia state laws, Chesapeake Restaurant and Fish Hawk Oyster Bar will be available for dine-in and takeout for guests in residence and locals.
- Indoor seating has been reduced and all bar seating removed to allow for a minimum of six feet between each seated group. Patio spaces have been reconfigured to allow for al fresco dining in a more spacious layout. All printed menus will be single-use and all pens and check presented will be thoroughly sanitized or discarded after each guest.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks, will be worn by restaurant team members in accordance with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- For those who would like to dine in the comfort of their guest room or suite, In-Room Dining is available from 6am – 10pm with non-contact delivery. An In-Room Dining menu can be viewed on guest room TVs.
- In addition to our already high standard of cleaning, the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, such as door handles.
Spa & Wellbeing
- Appointment times for spa services will be staggered to reduce capacity of the relaxation room and allow for additional cleaning and sanitizing of all spaces.
- Please be advised, spa service availability is limited and advanced reservations are highly required.
- Each treatment room will ‘rest’ for a minimum 15 minutes between appointments to allow for deep cleaning and disinfection of the room.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks, will be worn by Spa team members in accordance with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- Restrooms and locker rooms are available.
- Shared amenities in the spa lounges have been removed. Toiletry items and personal grooming products will be available upon request.
- We are offering full service fruit infused water and teas as normal.
- Fitness center and classes remain open with social distancing. Advance sign up for group fitness classes is required.
Activities & Amenities
- All scheduled activities will be with limited capacity to ensure appropriate social distancing. For additional information and to reserve private experiences, please call 804.438.5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All sporting equipment will be thoroughly cleaned following CDC guidelines, including but not limited to bikes, helmets, croquet and bocce ball sets.
- Sporting areas, such as tennis courts, croquet and bocce ball, will be available to guests through a private reservation. For sports reservations, please dial 5000 from a guest room phone or visit the Activities Center.
- Bayside Explorers will be open for private reservations only. Reservations will be limited to a maximum of six children from the same family. For Bayside Explorer reservations, please contact the concierge or dial 0 from a guest room phone.
- When public pools are permitted to reopen by local authorities, our pools will operate as follows:
- Pool capacity will be reduced and chaise lounges will be separated between parties by 6 feet.
- Chaise lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas will be sanitized after each use.
- Ladders, stair rails and frequent contact surfaces will be thoroughly sanitized every hour
- The Golden Eagle Golf Club is open for play 7am – 8pm daily. Guests will check-in outside of the Clubhouse upon arrival.
- The Golden Eagle Clubhouse is closed to the public, except for restroom facilities.
- Golf carts are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each guest use. Golf carts will be limited to single use unless accompanied by family members from the same household.
- The Golden Eagle Grill will remain temporarily closed. When reopen, the Golden Eagle Grill will have reduced seating with minimum six feet separation between tables and comply with CDC guidelines and Virginia state laws.
- The Tides Inn Marina is open and welcoming boats for overnight stays or day-use. To secure Marina reservations, please call 804.438.4418.
- Boaters are asked to ready a line forward and aft, reachable by the Tides Inn team members. To ensure minimal contact, the team member will secure the two lines on their own. Guests will be responsible for final securing and hookups once disembarked.
- Duffy boat rentals are available for reservations and are limited to one family per group.
- The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all public spaces with an emphasis on frequent contact surfaces, such as gangways, door handles, deck furniture and more.
We want to ensure your stay with us is memorable and filled with new traditions.
If you have any questions about your reservation, please contact us directly at 804.438.5000. The above procedures and modified programming are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC and Virginia state laws.