Virginia Family Reunion
To make your Virginia family reunion even more special, choose a theme and book your stay at the Tides Inn, a Chesapeake Bay resort perfect for family fun!
Set on its own waterfront peninsula in Virginia’s Northern Neck, the Tides Inn is the perfect place to celebrate your family on the water.
- Two-hour family sailing lesson with Premier Sailing School
- "Build a boat" – a fun family activity in which teams design and create a sea-worthy vessel from limited supplies
- Kayak and paddleboat excursions on the creek
- Exclusive use of a Duffy boat to cruise Carters Creek, personalized with the family name for the entire stay
- Oyster Roast or BBQ on the beach with s’mores
- Windbreakers or navy polo shirts embroidered with the family name
The Northern Neck’s historical locale provides the ideal setting to discover one's roots.
- Trip to Mary Ball Washington Museum & Library to research Virginia family genealogy
- Family tree making and scrapbooking class
- Scavenger hunt with clues and activities based on the family’s history
- Customized family flower seeds packet or a tree seedling to remember the reunion
With so many activities available, the Tides Inn can arrange a very active family reunion for sports enthusiasts.
- Golf tournament at the Golden Eagle
- Tennis round robin tournament
- Croquet match
- Family Triathlon of 3 sports with personalized family ribbons or medals awarded
- Personalized golf balls, tennis balls, etc. depending on the family’s favorite sport
Show your family how much you care about each other with a reunion focused on health.
- Family Yoga session (Paddleboard Yoga optional)
- Morning group fitness exercises
- Family spa tasting featuring mini-spa treatments designed for the family
- Private healthy cooking demonstration with executive chef
- Monogramed family spa robes in custom sizes
For Foodie Families with a passion for authentically regional food and drink
- An exclusive wine and beer tasting
- Family cooking class designed around the family’s palate preferences
- Farm to table demonstration and lecture
- Cookie decorating for the kids
- Chef cooking demonstration and family recipe exchange
Additional Family Reunion Ideas
Offering a framed photo of the entire group for each guest to take home. Choose one location (perhaps the croquet lawn with the water in the background, or under the Family Tree) to become the classic, annual Tides shot… or a photographer can document the entire reunion with a slideshow picnic dinner on the croquet lawn during the final night.
The Family Room
Guests will be given keyed access to the Lee Suite or Lancaster Suite based on availability for use during their stay as their personal family room and private place to convene.
We can offer an option of add-ons such as:
- Special F&B menus (kids healthy snack table, tasting of Virginia wines, etc)
- Movie/game night for the kids
- Story telling for the kids
- Crab-Net Kids